mtbr member
    May 2007

Shimano LX Dual Control Levers

First posting guys, I'm looking at a new 2006 Rocky Mountain Vertex 50 to buy.
    It has Shimano LX Dual Control Levers, I have been hearing mixed reviews about them.
    i.e. miss shifting, loose and stickey shifting, I have also heard that shimano is going to stop making dual shifters, is this true? are they any good? are they hard to maintain. any input would help me decide. I love this bike but am hesitant to buy this bike because of this component.
    thks rob

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    DC levers are not going anywhere, so no worries about that... they are just as easy to maintain or use as the other ones but they are integrated, so you might need to replace more than you would like in a crash......... I have used DC levers and triggers and both work great... I prefer the brake feeling on the regular brake levers though... I suggest you ask for a test ride if possible to see if you find anything you don't like on them... otherwise go for it ... or maybe you can ask the store to trade them in for triggers and regular brake levers...

MTBR Demi-God
    I can tell you that Shimano LX dual control levers are not being phased out (please correct me if I am wrong). They are not hard to maintain, and the shifting is as good as the trigger shifters.

But personally, I use separate brake levers and shifters, because I like the flexibilty of positioning them on the handlebars.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I run LX Dual Controls on my Heckler and they work perfectly fine.

mtbr member
    I've had LX DC's for over a year now without any problems. They seem even stronger than the Hayes I had before.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem