Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shimano disc combination, final purchase

712 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tobygoo 
#1 ·
I'm finally going to be switching away from my v-brakes.

First: What is the primary difference between the M965 and M975 XTR Disc Calipers? I'm assuming that the M965 performance will at least be equal to that of my V-brakes.

I'm looking at the XTR M965 Disc Calipers (~$85 each from Colorado Cyclist), and will be using them with XT M756 levers. What else do I need to get cable wise to make this work? Will the BH-63 hose kits http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14854 be all that I need? Also, where should I get the brake fluid?

Does this combination sound like it will be a good XC setup?

Hoping that I enjoy my first disc experience...

G
#2 ·
shimano

Hi. Wow. Just shopping for BH 63 hose and came across your posting which never got a response. I can tell you for a fact that that is the correct setup. You probably already know that, eh? I've got black XT M756 levers and XTR M965's tied together with the BH63 hose. My next project is with a set of like M525 Deore levers. They just don't have the matte finish of the XT levers. Supposedly the diameter of these two levers are the same and have the same hookup.

Cheers'

#3 ·
I'm thinking about a similiar set-up, replacing Juicy 5's... How has your set-up been working? I've seen quite a few reviews about squeal that won't go away, stuck pistons, bleeding problems, complicated set-upetc. and I've seen just as many that say everything is great, no squeal, easy to bleed, easy to adjust, blah, blah, blah ......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.