Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shimano Deore XT brakes - leaking caliper seals

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  wiwit_we 
#1 ·
Is it possible to replace just the seals on this M775 caliper, or do I have to replace the whole thing?

John

#6 ·
wookieone said:
No Seals for shimano brakes, it leaks, get a new one, BS if you ask me. How did you develope a leak? I did it riding in the cold, a no no, I am told. Curious how many folks have had this issue.
I really don't know how I developed a leak. In fact It wasn't convinced that I really had a leak as I couldn't see any obvious problem. I just found that I had very poor performance and lots of noise.

I had replaced the pads a couple of times. Each time they would be a bit better for a while before they deteriorated again. I eventually consulted this forum and the general opinion was that I had a leak and that my pads were getting contaminated.

This all made sense, but the thing that didn't make sense was that I couldn't see a leak and that I didn't seem to be losing hydraulic pressure,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.