There's no app for this.
Shimano 515 setup help needed
I can't find a good guide for setup and have a bit of drag. I assume if I back off the barrel adjusters a bit, insert a business card each side of the pads, and then fix the cable in place, that should be the right way to do this?
Anyone? Or a link to a site?
Thanks, Jim MCM #11
Jim: Just follow this procedure (as explained on the manual that came along with your brakes).
Before this, check your rotor is not warped. It will rarely be out of center as Shimano rotors match pretty well the Shimano hubs.
1) Loosen the caliper fixing bolts a little. Just enough for the caliper can slide side to side more-less freely.
2) Now loosen the cable fixing bolt. Insert a 0.2mm feeler gauge or bussiness card between the outer pad (the one moved by the arm) and the rotor while you move with a 5mm allen wrench the inner pad (the one on the fixed part of the caliper facing the spokes) until the pads hold firmly the rotor and gauge or card.
3) Tighten the caliper fixing bolts to proper torque.
4) Adjust barrel adjuster halfway its travel. Pull the cable tip with a pair of pliers and tighten the cable fixing bolt @ proper torque.
5) Back off the inner pad two clicks and get the gauge (or card) out.
You're done. Just check everything is OK and get rid of some cable slack adjusting the barrel at the LEVER. NOT the Caliper. As your pads wear you can bring the outer close to the caliper by adjusting with the barrel adjuster at the caliper (although this should not be common) and the inner pad just by moving it with the pad with the 5mm allen wrench.
Don't forget to bed the pads in properly. Do not abuse from the brakes when new or new pads are installed without bedding in first. You will wear the pads in the blink of an eye.
Whenever you clean your rotor and pads with alcohol or any other cleaner, remember to give time to your brakes to bed in again as they will loose stopping power for a while. But they will be back to normal in few stops.
There's no app for this.
thanks a lot!
it's my S-O's bike and it's a demo I bought from Titus...no manuals came with it at all, I was surprised there's nothing on Shimano's site (although I'm good a missing stuff in front of my nose.)
I'll print and save your file, thanks, that's exactly what I need.
Follow this link dude....
Got to the shimano home page. then go to Shimano North America and in there you will click on Technical Stuff. Click on Deore, then on Mechanical Disk Brake and in there you will find the Service Instructions.
I tried to paste the link but it didn't worked.
Print the Service Instructions and make her ride safe ... well it's up to you....
By Cleaner in forum Brake Time
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
By Rich4757 in forum Bike and Frame discussion
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 07:40 PM
By Manny Omega in forum SRAM
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 01:39 AM
By BanzaiRider in forum Shocks and Suspension
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 08:50 PM
By donkekus in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 12:07 PM