parts leftover

Shimano 160mm front adapter with Formula K24 caliper?

I'm considering getting a set of Formula K24 levers and calipers, but want to use my existing Shimano 160mm rotor and adapter. The fork is an IS mount Reba.

Will the Shimano adapter work, or do I need the proprietary Formula adapter to mount the caliper?
    Last edited by schlim; 04-25-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the adapter should work fine, with the rotor you have to make sure the braking track is wide enough for the formula brake pads....the more recent XT (770 series) and XTR (970 series) centerlock rotors have a bit wider track than the older ones (and the 6-bolt rotors), a buddy of mine runs XTR centerlock rotors on his Oro Puros without issue.

what model rotors do you have?

parts leftover
    Thanks for the reply, crisillo. The rotors are 07 6 bolt M765. What do you think?

I have formula K24s and rotors on another bike, I can pull the K24 brake pads and set them against the XT rotor to check for width issues.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by schlim
    Thanks for the reply, crisillo. The rotors are 07 6 bolt M765. What do you think?

I have formula K24s and rotors on another bike, I can pull the K24 brake pads and set them against the XT rotor to check for width issues.

umm..I am not so sure the braking track is wide enough...I do recommend you check first.... I suspect the pads might catch a bit on the rotor's "arms"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    pads might catch a bit on the rotor's "arms"
    O you don't want that, that'll give you ABS if you catch those spokes too much.

parts leftover
    Quote Originally Posted by vk45de
    O you don't want that, that'll give you ABS if you catch those spokes too much.
    Heh, "Abnormal Braking Sensation".

parts leftover
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    umm..I am not so sure the braking track is wide enough...I do recommend you check first.... I suspect the pads might catch a bit on the rotor's "arms"
    I pulled the K24 pads and set them against the XT rotor. There is about a mm or two overhang below the braking surface where it would likely run along the rotor spokes. Since I hate brake noise, this could be problematic.