Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shhimano xt m765 the same as saint m800 brakes ?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eddstinkyjr 
#1 ·
Hi,

I already have some shimano saints m800, which are great ! But I need another pair of brakes and can get a pair of shimano xt m765 dirt cheap.

I heard the saint m800s and the xt m765s are EXACTLY the same a part from the colour, is this true ?? Is there really no "internal" difference between the two ? Or no power difference between the two ?

Just as a side note, what do you think of the xt m775s ? (I know there are reviews etc)

I would be grateful for any help !

Eddy

xt m765s
Google Image Result for https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/9479.jpg

saint m800s
Google Image Result for https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/7895.Jpg

#4 ·
....Just as a side note, what do you think of the xt m775s ? (I know there are reviews etc)...
Back in the day m765 and m800 were excellent brakes especially for the price. They are still good brakes but the newer m775 have noticeably more power and wider pad retraction making them rub less too, the only thing I don't like about the 75 series is the lack of aftermarket levers. The latest x85 generation of shimano brakes are even more powerful.

#5 ·
I am getting rid of of some formula the ones (2010) because I find they are rubbish ! I have bled them and rebled them. Even sent them to formula, they changed stuff inside and bled them again... But they still don't brake anywhere near as well as my m800s ! The saint m800s have so much more bite ! (not much modulation, but I like that).

I heard the pistons retract more on the m775s, but I didn't know they were that much more powerful ! I can't imagine them being anymore powerful than the m800s, I don't know if I would want anything more powerful ! ;)
Any way thanks for the info !

In the end I'm gonna get some xt m765s for like 75 euros posted (second hand of course). Super cheap and will work well (I hope !)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.