mtbr member
    May 2004

Setting up new Magura's, need help

I am helping my friend build up a new blur with 2004 louise discs. I have bleed the 03 brakes using the method on the Magura Cult site and all is usually good. Here's the problem I am having with these new ones, I can ALWAYS get a ton of air bubbles to come out when I reverse bleed via the lever. I have run the fluid through 20 times and there is still loads of air coming out. I have never had to do this more than 4 or 5 times in the past the get a near perfect bleed.

I figured there had to be a leak in the line filled them up as best I could and gave it a shot. The lever would engage very solid about 2mm from the bar, not suitable for riding, but I could build up lots of pressure. Squeezed em real good, waited a bit, squeezed them for a while longer and found no noticeable leaks. Any ideas on what's going on? Maybe the fittings on my bleed kit are going bad?

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBiker
    I am helping my friend build up a new blur with 2004 louise discs. I have bleed the 03 brakes using the method on the Magura Cult site and all is usually good. Here's the problem I am having with these new ones, I can ALWAYS get a ton of air bubbles to come out when I reverse bleed via the lever. I have run the fluid through 20 times and there is still loads of air coming out. I have never had to do this more than 4 or 5 times in the past the get a near perfect bleed.

I figured there had to be a leak in the line filled them up as best I could and gave it a shot. The lever would engage very solid about 2mm from the bar, not suitable for riding, but I could build up lots of pressure. Squeezed em real good, waited a bit, squeezed them for a while longer and found no noticeable leaks. Any ideas on what's going on? Maybe the fittings on my bleed kit are going bad?

Remove the o-ring from the bleed fitting and try again.

Mike T. (mcm # 717)
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I tried it w/o the o-ring and with another bleed fitting that I found lying around hadn't been used yet and had the same result.