Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Seen the new Hope Special Edition brakes?

b a n n e d
    Indeed I have seen these . . . they are on my "short-list" but I've been having trouble tracking down anyone state-side that can confirm they can get them. Having a "raw" frame already, the std. issue Hope's might add too much "aluminum" to the rig . . . plus the green bits look badass.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    The only place I've seen them have been on UK dealer sites. I went to my local shop to see if he could get some, and his supplier wasn't sure if they would be available for them to get. So I sent an email to Hope USA asking about it, and they said they do have them in stock, and gave me a number to call to order them.

I passed the number on to my shop, and he's gonna see if he can get a set of Tech X2's with braided hoses for me.

mtbr member
    I wanted to get Hopes for my new build but have found limited availablity state side. Wish I could have gotten them...
    CyclingCentralVa.org

transmitter~receiver
    meh... looks clunky
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

the air is thin up here..
    Ordering the M4's today

EDIT: Order placed. Should have them by friday
    Last edited by noot; 04-12-2011 at 02:44 PM.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by noot
    Ordering the M4's today
    From where?

Quote Originally Posted by OO7
    From where?
    from www.nrgenterprises.com via www.mudsweatandgears.ca

Rub it............
    I like them. Too bad I don't have any money. My other hobby is getting precedence over riding for a few months due to pneumonia. Less physical toll to go fly fishing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Don't know what the shipping will be, but the best deal in my brief searching seems to be here

A lot of the other places just sold the levers and calipers, and you had to buy the rotors and/or the mounting brackets separately. While these guys do sell the separate bits, they also seem to have these available as the complete kit. Looks as if they just have Hope drop-ship them directly.

edit: dollar must be falling, the X2's have gone up $5 in just a couple days.
    Last edited by rufus; 04-12-2011 at 04:17 PM.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    These would come out right after I buy regular raw Hopes for a new black bike.

Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    meh... looks clunky
    You missspelt "flexy."

b a n n e d
    I've sent inquiries to a few places overseas to get price quotes and shipping estimates. So far the lowers I've got is 336 GBP shipped, which as of today is around $550. This is for an M4 front/X2 rear with 185 + 160 solid rotors and braided lines.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus
    Don't know what the shipping will be, but the best deal in my brief searching seems to be here
    That seems to be a good price. We probably pay more here in Canada since it's coming overseas, but that price is at least $120CDN less than retail price here.

That said, if anyone is having a tough time finding them, let me know and I can see if I can track some down for you and ship etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OO7
    I've sent inquiries to a few places overseas to get price quotes and shipping estimates. So far the lowers I've got is 336 GBP shipped, which as of today is around $550. This is for an M4 front/X2 rear with 185 + 160 solid rotors and braided lines.
    That is an almost unbeatable price, in Canada at least. Does that include duty/import fees?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Stopped by my dealer today to check on status. On Monday, I left him the number that Hope USA gave me, and he told me today that they shipped out a set to him that day. So, not sure how long they'll take to get here from Texas, possibly by Friday, but more likely Monday, and they should be here.

Not sure what he'll end up charging me, but if anyone wants a set and is having trouble finding someone with them in stock, try contacting Hope USA directly.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by noot
    That is an almost unbeatable price, in Canada at least. Does that include duty/import fees?
    No clue . . . the shop said they ship international to the States on a regular basis and quoted shipping at 6GBP.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Far as I know, most bike parts don't have duties.

Got them in! Had to grind down the front adapter a bit, the rotor spider was rubbing.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Hope 4 pots on an XC SS hardtail with 160mm rotors ... I wish I had money to waste ... that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ettore
    Hope 4 pots on an XC SS hardtail with 160mm rotors ... I wish I had money to waste ... that's awesome.
    183mm front, they might not stay on that bike ($20 more for m4 over x2, didn't wanna limit myself), and i'm heavy (220lbs unloaded). But thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    very nice! I am wanting to get a set of those for my new bike as well. It is nice to see a picture of them installed instead of a studio product only setting. Seeing them has convinced me that those will be my new brakes. Keep us informed as to how they work out for you.

Thanks,

Jon

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thought they came with black mounting posts too?

Thought they came with black mounting posts too?
    Good catch My distributor was out of stock so they sent the normal ones instead.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    That's what my shop guy said Hope told him when he called them; that those European places I was looking to maybe get a set from wouldn't be able to warranty them, and might not necessarily have the complete kit of stuff, and so would substitute or mix and match stuff to fill an order, or they wouldn't have the brakes already pre-bled, etc. .

So I'm kinda glad these are coming straight from Hope, even if they end up costing me a bit more, cause I don't want to have the black calipers without the black mounting posts to go with them. Especially since my build has a bit of a black theme going on. Those braided lines are sweet though.

I just wish I could have gotten a black thru-axle fork for it,m the white just doesn't look right, although I've gotten used to it. .

Legend
    Nov 2004
    I just wish I could have gotten a black thru-axle fork for it,m the white just doesn't look right, although I've gotten used to it. .
    Paintbrush and black model paint; let dry, bake in toaster oven at low temps. Won't look good from 6" away, but 1' away it'll look perfect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast