mtbr member
    Apr 2012

school me! shimano break house and parts ???

I have xt mountain brakes on my rumblefish pro,this morning i notice a leak at the house up at the bar , i want to replace the fittings. i am having a hard time finding what i need.

What is the difference between (BH-90-SS AND BH-90-SB ) bh-90-sb is discontinued I THINK is the ss the same?
    I need the olive fitting and that nurled plug thing. I wanted to buy the kit to get the tool that holds the cable .

1) are bh-sb and bh-ss hose the same?
    2) where can i buy that little tool gthat holds the hose? then i wont need to buy the kit
    and what are the correct olive and nurled parts for SHIMANO XT 785 BRAKES
    I AM GOING CRAZY LOOKING FOR THE CORRECT STUFF! THANK`S

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No brake guru`s around here?

mtbr member
    Sometimes it easy just easier to visit a bike shop ask advice and buy from them.

Workshops usually have a tray of assorted fittings for brakes etc.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi View Post
    Sometimes it easy just easier to visit a bike shop ask advice and buy from them.

Workshops usually have a tray of assorted fittings for brakes etc.
    I went to 2 shops today, niether one had mineral oil let alone the parts, and they looked at me like i had 3 eyes when i explained what i was doing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    oh yea nd one shop wanted to sell me a $96 bleed kit , when a 50cent hose will do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    I went to 2 shops today, niether one had mineral oil let alone the parts, and they looked at me like i had 3 eyes when i explained what i was doing.
    I am hearing you I know the problem.

I found the trick was to find a Mountain Bike type shop. A lot of shops around me are more road. I once asked about tubeless tire set ups. I might as well have been speaking a foreign language.

For small one off parts like olives, loose ball bearings etc I just find it easier to buy from a LBS.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    I have xt mountain brakes on my rumblefish pro,this morning i notice a leak at the house up at the bar , i want to replace the fittings. i am having a hard time finding what i need.

What is the difference between (BH-90-SS AND BH-90-SB ) bh-90-sb is discontinued I THINK is the ss the same?
    I need the olive fitting and that nurled plug thing. I wanted to buy the kit to get the tool that holds the cable .

1) are bh-sb and bh-ss hose the same?
    2) where can i buy that little tool gthat holds the hose? then i wont need to buy the kit
    and what are the correct olive and nurled parts for SHIMANO XT 785 BRAKES
    I AM GOING CRAZY LOOKING FOR THE CORRECT STUFF! THANK`S
    SS = straight to straight
    SB = straight to banjo

You need the SB, and the SB90 insert and olive (universal ones won't do, as the SB90 has a different inner diameter to older Shimano hose).

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just take it to the shop and get them to sort it out

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Just take it to the shop and get them to sort it out
    It's not rocket science. Replacing the hose is an easy job, once you have the bits... and next time it happens you avoid yet another trip to the shop.

mtbr member
    SS = straight to straight
    SB = straight to banjo

You need the SB, and the SB90 insert and olive (universal ones won't do, as the SB90 has a different inner diameter to older Shimano hose).
    Haggis has it right - and the way you know its the BH90 insert rather than the universal one is the former is silver coloured, and the latter gold.

The tool that holds the cable is Shimano part number TL-BH61 and if you do a google search on this you'll find any number available on ebay.

While you're at it, google "Shimano Tech Docs SI-8JA0A-003-00" which are the Shimano instructions for shortening BH90 hose.