mtbr member

New question here. Same issue with Avid Elixir CR and Juicy 5's?

I currently have Juicy 5's, I am looking to upgrade to the Elixir CR's. I am just wondering if people are experiencing the same issues as far as noise and constant upkeep (sanding pads and rotors).

Thanks.

Meh.
    I have had issues with neither on a variety of frames. But there are some people that still have issues. But it seems more infrequent than before... but that could just be because there are less units out there, and there is not as much ride time.

Rider and Wrench
    I have never owned the Juicy 5's but 2-3 sets of 7's and currently have a set of the Elixir CR's. I have been running them since about ~May for XC use w/ 160mm rotors and have been very pleased with them, no sanding or otherwise on the stock pads, just a quick wipe with rubbing Alcohol after a sloppy ride. I do not really have any extended downhill runs that would create major heat or glazing issues though. Now with this in mind I am entering Fall/winter in the MD/PA area so time willl tell how they do when the trails are never really "dry", this is when my Juicy 7's seemed to grumble the most.
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I currently run BB5's, BB7s, Juicy 7's, and also now a rig with Elixir CR's and none of them have any noise issues or maintenance issues.
    '10 Pivot Cycles Mach 5! -- 07' C'dale Prophet 3 -- 08' C'dale Caffeine HT /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Pivot FTW