Death By Snoo Snoo

Saint vs.LX brake/reservoir

I just destroyed my saint levers and I saw a LX lever set for sale for 45 bucks.... so my question is how different are the saint levers/reservoir compared to the LX ones? Outside of the color are they about the same, materials wise and strength wise?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the LX will do fine..go for them... if there are any differences they should be very minor..my LX and XT levers are identical except for the color.

MTBR Demi-God
    The differences between them is insignificant- the only striking differences are cosmetic. Just make sure that you get the correct fitting for the brake calipers.

Also, I will go on a limb and say that the LX levers are a litttttleeee heavier than saint ones... but I could be totally wrong on that.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

Photog Cyclist.
    I have XT and Saint levers and my friend has the LX levers and thet are all the same but the color. Until the new XTR all the shimanos were the same
    [SIZE="4"]We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all
    [/SIZE][SIZE="2"](Tim Mcgraw)[/SIZE]

Death By Snoo Snoo

thanks for the input...

I went ahead and picked up the LX levers... for those who are curious I could not tell any difference in feel from my Saint Front to my LX lever/Saint caliper Rear. As far as I can tell they are very similar in build, the LXs do NOT have a dust cover protecting the piston from where the lever blade accuates the brake where as the saints do. Probably some other minor differences but the most important one for me was lever feel and they appear to be the same.

For those who have broken or damaged a Saint lever or any other shimano lever, jenson has a sweet deal on OE levers

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Levers+Oe.aspx

I will still get a Saint lever when Larry @ Mtnhighcyclery gets them in but for now this will do just fine.