mtbr member

Saint oversize centerlock brakes with 6 bolt hubs?

Well, I've supposed the centerlock interface could be removed from the rotor so that I can bolt the rotor to my hub. Maybe it's impossible.

But how about getting other 200mm rotors, maybe shimano 6 bolt versions. Would they fit on the Saint calipers? I've read that the interface is an oversize version by shimano, so maybe it would neither work?

Jenson offer 2 options, a 51mm IS oversize and a 74mm post mount oversize adapters, both only for the front. I think maybe this adapters are what make the oversize interface. Can I simply use other adapters by other brand or maybe by Shimano? Or the Calipers are also with other spec size to avoid consumers from doing this? Maybe special adapters?

My fork is 74mm post mount, and for the rear I think it doesn't matter any option from Jenson, as I would have to get the rear adapter separately.

That make me think it would have been better to just get the calipers, since the rotor and the adapter would be of no use, but well.

Please tell me, is it possible to use Saint oversize centerlock brake clipers with 6 bolt hubs?

Thanks
    voycaminandoenlacallemirandoalasmuchachas mirandoalasmuchachas hayunasrubiasgraciosasmorenashermosasypreciosas

Meh.
    I am pretty sure Shimano uses a 203mm rotor. They DO have 203mm 6 bolt rotors available.

The Oversize is only referring to the centerlock interface (it's bigger than their normal centerlock). Oversize has nothing to do with the rotor size or adapter. Even the 160mm Saint rotors use Oversize Centerlock. 51mm and 74mm refer to the disc tabs. 51mm is international standard mount, 74mm is post mount.

mtbr member
    Ok, then I think there's no problem. Only one more thing. I saw there are a lot of adapters, and I see that saint calipers are already to mount on 74mm post mounts, am I right?

So the adapters needed by shimano for example for a 74mm post mount fork and a 51mm IS frame would be a: "Shimano adaptor to mount a 74mm post mount caliper to a 74mm post mount fork to accomodate a 203mm disc" and "Shimano adaptor to mount a 74mm post mount caliper to a 51mm international standard frame mount to accomodate a 203mm disc" (taken from Chainreaction). ? I would just have to find the same ones at Jenson or other place I think.

Actually is like a tramp that closeout from Jenson, the adapters are expensive, extra rotors needed, bleed kit and hoses, plus levers, they don't have Saint levers so you have to buy LX, and is maybe as expensive or more than Chainreaction...
    voycaminandoenlacallemirandoalasmuchachas mirandoalasmuchachas hayunasrubiasgraciosasmorenashermosasypreciosas

just along for the ride
    A lot of the mounting hardware is interchangeable even amoung different manufactures. I'm running XT 765 (basically same as saints) calipers originally 160mm on a Avid 185 IS mount and a avid 185 rotors. No problems just a couple extra washers was all that was needed. IMHO the avid rotors give way more grip than the XT centerlockers.

Meh.
    You only need one adapter to mount the caliper to the fork. If it is an IS fork, it is a 51mm IS fork to 74mm caliper to fit 203mm rotor. You do not have to mount an adapter on top of another adapter. The Saints will bolt straight onto post mounts for 160mm rotor... some forks use a 8" post mount... so they'll bolt straight to those in conjunction with a 8" rotor.

The levers should come with hoses. And either the lever or caliper comes with the bottle of mineral oil. And usually the caliper includes rotors (some Saint brakes have included the centerlock and six bolt rotors). So unless they're stripping them down... you shouldn't need much. And I'm not sure... but I'm thinking that the caliper probably includes an adapter too... The LX levers (really all the Shimano levers) function the same... well... with the exception of the new XT levers and the radial XTR levers. So if you want to save some dough, go ahead and grab those Deore levers.

mtbr member
    Well, I was thinking if the Saint calipers would work great with Formula rotors... Idon't see why not, but I was still wondering because of the adapters, anyway as Brown_Teeth said, I would just get some washers too.

just along for the ride
    It seems the eye to eye of both the shimano and avoids is the same on the calipers, good chance others are too. I needed to add a couple washers between the caliper and mount to get the pads properly positioned on the rotor. No big deal, also one can add washers between the fork and the mount if need be. Good luck!