Death By Snoo Snoo

Saint Lever blade Replacement DIY?

i bent my saint lever blade the past weekend and will be getting a replacement tomorrow... anyone know if this is a DIY type job or should I have a shop do it. I am an ok wrench... have built up several bikes and bled many different brakes but never relpaced a blade lever. Any suggestions or tips?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyspank
    i bent my saint lever blade the past weekend and will be getting a replacement tomorrow... anyone know if this is a DIY type job or should I have a shop do it. I am an ok wrench... have built up several bikes and bled many different brakes but never relpaced a blade lever. Any suggestions or tips?
    I assume that it is the same as the earlier levers. This jpg shows how.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Where did you find these instructions? I had to replace a lever two months ago and all I could find on shimanos website was an exploded diagram of the lever, no instructions at all.

Anyway as the pictures show, as long as you don't run into unexpected trouble (unfortunately I did) this is a 10 minute DIY job. The saint lever is exactly like all the others.

Death By Snoo Snoo
    Wombat... thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

mtbr member
    It was an old download from the shimano site. I tried the original link and it now returns an error.

Tim