mtbr member

Saint brakes rubbing?

Hey all, I picked up a bike with Saint brakes but the pads seem to rub the rotor a little bit... They work great but are a bit noisy.

I couldn't find any info online and I was just wondering how to recenter the pads. Is it the same as hayes? (Loosen those 2 bolts, grab some front brake, tighten bolts while holding brake, bam done.)

Thanks.

Meh.
    Yes, same as Hayes. Make sure the caliper doesn't move when you are tightening those bolts.

mtbr member
    Great, thanks.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Hey mace2- I have also found with my XTR and Saint brakes that as the pads wear down the pistons have to extend further and are prone to sticking. If the pads are worn down you might want to replace them and bleed the brakes. That should get you nice and dialed.

Mods... please turn off the live hyperlinking! Nobody is going to read this thread and want to do a search for The Detroit Pistons!

EDIT- Although the links go away when you edit...

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by mace2
    Great, thanks.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    A bleed is not necessary when replacing the pads... you only need to push them back.... one should be able to push them back easily as long as the system was not overfilled