mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Saint 820 lever throw problems

I just got a set of 820's and initially they felt great however even at the start on rough trails with sustained brakeing the lever would all of a sudden go rock hard as if the lever was moved all of the way out then 2 seconds later they at back to normal. it switches back and forth it is not confidence inspiring on any terrain as one second you have normal, then you pull a few mm of brake lever and it locks up the wheel then back to normal movement.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I just had the brakes bled and there no air in them.

I loved my saint 810's and figured the 820's would be better but so far I am not happy with them.

mtbr member
    Can't give you any insight other than reading the about the DIRT RAG review crew running into something similar with inconsistent pad engagement on the M820 Saint in this month's mag, when they played with the throw of the lever.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    this blows since it is scary as hell charging into something and all of a sudden you pulled to much brake due to the lever pull changing drastically.