mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Running Formula brakes on existing Juicy rotors? Possible?

I would like to buy a set of Formula brakes. However, hardware such as rotors and mounts are extra. I can't tell if the caliper mounting position if different from, say Juicy brakes.

Can I not run a Formula caliper on my existing Juicy rotor, using the mount? Or do I have to buy specific Formula mounts? The rotors are fine, it's just the brakes I'm disappointed with.

Thanks

ride hard take risks
    Should be no problemo Formula designed the Juicy for Avid.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    May 2007
    2 things, Formula did some work for avid with the juicys, so the caliper adapter will probably work if they are the same size rotor. See bellow

Avid uses 160 185 and 203 as their sizes for rotors. Formula uses 160 180 200. If you have 160 on both, you should work. Other sizes, may have some issues.

Look at tree fort bikes or speed goat or ebay for good formula rotor deals.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

The White Jeff W
    I'm using Avid (front) & Hayes (rear) rotors with my Formulas. I had to put a couple washers between the adapter & caliper on the front to get it up in the meat of the rotor but otherwise no problems at all.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I've got an Avid 203 rotor with Formula brakes and mount. No issues at all. In fact, my brake stopped squealing in the wet when I switched the rotor.
    Ride it like you stole it!