Team Chilidog!

Running different Shimano levers with Saint M810 calipers?

I love my Saint brakes. Really. They rule. I have the M810s, not the newer ones.

However, I have issues with my right wrist and I'm looking at more ergo style Shimano levers. Is it possible to run say the newer XT or XTR levers with the Saint calipers? They look more ergo than the Saint levers and hopefully reduce the pain a bit on the wrist.

I'm not riding the brakes or anything, and I already have a bar with a lot of sweep.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Yes, my buddy is running an new XT levers with the older Saint Calipers and loves it. I think there are more than few people on ridemonkey doing this also.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I have the new xt levers with 810 calipers,no problems for months now,lots of whistler and sunpeaks.

mtbr member
    Friend has XTR levers mated to the last gen Saint calipers and swears by the setup.

Team Chilidog!
    Thanks everyone, my Saint calipers are now mated to the 2013 SLX levers. I can ride again without hand pain. Really good feel to the new levers. Going to run the same on my dh bike.

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    I'm glad to hear things worked out well for you stripes.

Has anyone tried the non servo wave XTR race levers with saint calipers?

RIP Friendgirl
    I tried M800 levers with M810 calipers & they worked but required more pull distance. I would stick to servo wave levers.
    SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    Thats what I fear would be the case. I already have a set of 985 race levers and I really like the four piston calipers. Thanks Bordershy.