mtbr member
    May 2004

Replacement levers for Hayes discs?

I'm wonderring what the options are for replacing the levers on Hayes discs? I have a set of Hayes that came stock on my '02 NRS, and the levers suck - they are weak, don't fit well and are on the flexy side.

I remember seeing "Razor Rock" shorties as an option for Hayes, but they were pretty pricey. Any other options? Preferrably something adjustable?

_
    Mar 2004
    I picked up a pair of "dangerboy" levers for my Hayes HFX-9 brakes. They are very comfortable and look pretty cool too. I got them from some guy I met while riding one day, I'm not sure where he got them though.

Be very careful when unscrewing that bolt inside the lever, it is VERY soft. I stripped the one on my front brake and it ended up costing me $20.00 for a new master cylinder piece.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    GRC do levers for Hayes in two styles, Moto and Shorty. CNC'd from ally much tougher than stock, better shape but not adjustable as the Razor Rocks which are no longer available-at least they weren't a couple of months ago. They are restructuring, or gone bust depending on who you talk to.

mtbr remember
    I would highly recommend the Bonz 2-finger levers, they come in 1-finger (moto!) it you dig that. They are very similar to razorrocks, very beefy! They have little ridges machined into the blade face for extra grip too. You can pick them up pretty cheap at UniversalCycle.com $55? - they have the Gravity Racing levers too, but they are more expensive, or speedgoat.com I think. Check'em out.
    Schralp it Heavy.