mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Replacement hoses for 2010 Formula the Ones?

Hi everyone,

I've just fitted a set of 2010 Formula The Ones to my Specialized Enduro. The rear hose is not long enough I'm reluctant to spend the small fortune Formula charge for their hose kit. Superstar are selling hose for very little: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/produ...roducts_id=430

Does anyone know if the hose fittings on my existing hose can be re-used on something like the Superstar hose?

Thanks

Mike

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    No you can't re use the old fittings.

I sold a pair of old R1s and bought the superstar kits to extend the hoses and TbH I wouldn't have wanted them on my bike. No easy to bleed torx bolt etc.

Go good ridge or go original.

Bike's hmmm nice
    I recently changed out the avid brakes on my Enduro for The Ones.... and needed a longer hose to make it happen. Had to bend over at my LBS for all online shops were out of stock. Brakes are so much better that I have gotten over the pain in about 30 minutes of riding. You want your brakes to work good, don't go with a sub optimal solution.

mtbr member
    Goodridge.

GAME ON!
    i wanted the ones on my enduro so bad that i just waited until i found a set with a long enough rear hose. i think it needed to be about 61". i wasn't willing to go through the headache and cost of replacing hose, however, i did the research just in case and i found the goodridge to be the coolest solution (i.e. if you're buying new hose, may as well pick your colour for hose and fittings) but the stock hose is decently priced on ebay.