mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Rear brake squeeking on Sawback

I have a forge sawback 7xx, bought new, and the rear brake keeps squeaking whenever I tilt the bike to the right while riding. If I pull slightly on the rear brake, it stops, so that leads me to believe that it is the rear disc brake. I tried loosening it and then securing it again, but it persists. It does not happen when I ride without tilting or if I tilt in the other direction. Anyone have a solution? It's a pretty loud squeak, too.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Krollic
    It does not happen when I ride without tilting or if I tilt in the other direction. Anyone have a solution? It's a pretty loud squeak, too.
    From your description of when it happens it sounds like flex in the rear (wheel or swingarm) might be the cause. Also, make sure your wheel axle and axle nuts (if you have cone bearings) are tight and your QR skewer is tight. If there is any wobble to the rear wheel any of these things could be the culprit.

ride hard take risks
    What disc brakes do you have??
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Meh.
    If it's still new,the problem may go away after the brake is broken in.

Otherwise I'd inspect the frame pivots and hub for play. And then I would center/adjust the caliper. The brakes are Hayes MX-2. So you can adjust the caliper position side to side. And you can also adjust the pad position relative to the rotor.