Drunken fool

Question for those with the A2Z adaptor

I just installed the A2Z disc brake adaptor onto my non disc hardtail. Install was fairly straight forward, and I got everything lined up and put back together... but the caliper is not lined up properly on the disc, it's spaced out too far. I'm using BB7's and a 160 disc. The adaptor is for a rear 160 disc. Just by eyeballing it it looks like I could run a 185 disc and everything would line up fine, but with the 160 the pads are just barely contacting the rotor. I don't really want to run a 185 rear disc, so what other options are out there? Just looking at the front 160 disc adaptor it looks like I may be able to run a front 160 adaptor on the rear and get a better caliper alignment. Is that OK or will it work? Has anyone else that used the A2Z adaptor run into this issue? Thanks for any help!
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

mtbr member
    my guess is that it will do the trick.

the IS adaptors in front at further out than those out back - or they're supposed to be. I don't know about avid, but the hayes rear adaptors are actually 20mm more than the fronts. I always wondered y fronts and rears were different until i got my grimecas which have identical IS calipers but the fronts fit 185 rotors while the rears were normal 165 rotors which leads me to conclude that rear IS mount is 10mm closer to hub than fronts - it seems like yours is the same as fronts

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    how much is the cost of a2z adapter? im from the philippines i need one anybody who can provide me ?

Drunken fool
    Quote Originally Posted by eggesc
    how much is the cost of a2z adapter? im from the philippines i need one anybody who can provide me ?

I bought mine on Ebay for $30. Just do a search on Ebay for "A2Z". There are always some for sale there.

I went ahead and ordered a 185 front rotor and adaptor and will mount those up and then use the 160 front adaptor on the rear.
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    can you post a couple pictures of the rear?

interested to see how everything looks like

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Wheeler, you are using the top (smaller) axle hole to hold your QR skewer, right? It has been a perfect fit for my Hayes FX9 with 160mm rotor and adopter. Picture would help too.