mtbr member
    Jan 2012

question about Juicy seven brakes

im ready to change the pads on my brakes whats the best brand of pads to go with? not too concerned with $$ is there aftermarket company's that sell better pads?

also do they make aftermarket levers for the these brakes?
    Last edited by 1Slippy; 02-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.

LightJunction.com
    I usually just go with Jagwire pads. Tried and true. You can switch to organic if you're looking for better performance and aren't concerned with shorter pad life.

As for levers, I'm a fan of the SD-7 levers Avid makes. Which ones are you running currently?
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    opps i actually made a mistake i think, my brakes are Juicy Seven, thats not the same as bb7 brakes??

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    +1 for Jagwire pads. I find Aztec pads work well too if you are looking for organic pads, I'm a simple fellow when it comes to these kind of things.

A friend of mine who is a bike tech recommends EBC Golds for all around riding on any brake (he runs older juicy ultimates).

Straitline makes after market levers for Juicys; if you are looking for a stiffer lever with a bit of bling.

Never enough time to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Slippy View Post
    opps i actually made a mistake i think, my brakes are Juicy Seven, thats not the same as bb7 brakes??
    Nope, your Juicy 7's will be hydraulic and the BB7 is a mechanical disc brake. If your looking for a good replacement lever for the Juicy 7 go with the Straitlines that rufio suggested, used them for a about 5 years now and love em.

Pad wise I always stuck with the factory pads just because they were easy to find and fairly inexpensive.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    SwissStop is the best pad money can buy. A true ceramic/organic compound that's quiet and outlasts even Avid's own pads by 2:1. Pricey, but money well spent.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    thanks guys