mtbr member

Question about installing Jagwire Ripcord brake cable/housing kit

I went to Jagwire's site and read their instructions for the Ripcord: http://www.jagwireusa.com/images/upl...Brake_2009.pdf

It wasn't much help. The Ripcord brake kit came with no instructions. My questions concern the small bits.

There are two end caps with "noses" (about an inch long, look like staws) and there are two similar ones that are already attached at each end of the housing. The noses on these two are about a quater inch long. My rear brake will have no exposed cable, so there will be no chopped housing. Do I do away with the end caps with long noses?

About the end caps with short noses that are attached to housing, does each end cap attach to brake lever? Will I need to cut the noses off?

AZ
    banned
    If you are not cutting the housing leave the "ferrules" in place .

mtbr member
    I will still need to cut the housing because it comes in one long piece (3 meters), capped at each end with ferrules (or whatever they're called) that have a straw-like thing coming out of it, big enough for the cable to thread through. This end goes on the brake lever? If so, do I need to cut off this sraw nose?