mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Question about Avid XX TI hardware...

Basically, I'm switching from stock 160 post mount up to 185, adapter came from parts bin so it didn't have the longer hardware with it, so now I'm looking for hardware options. I see that they have the standard Avid CP hardware for like $4 on pricepoint, thats an option, but then I also saw that they have the replacement titanium hardware from the XX brakes for $38. Now this is my baby, so I don't mind spending the extra $$$ to make sure every little detail is fit and finish, but before I spend the money I want to make sure it will work. It says "These bolts are designed to work only on post mount XX brakes with 185mm rotors". Does anybody have any experience with running this hardware on post mount JUICY brakes with 185 rotor? I don't see any reason for the bolts to be a different length, and it would use the same avid-style CPS hardware, so do you guys think these bolts would work on a normal brake?

Link to XX bolts: http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/200...Torx-25-XX.htm

Thanks, Connor

LDH
    mtbr member
    looks like those are the correct length.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Can someone tell me what size Torx bit is needed to remover Avid rotor bolts? It would be easier to just go to the hardware store and pick up the correct bit, but I can take my entire front wheel in if necessary...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Torx size is T25.

Members who have read this thread: 1