mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Question about 2004 SID discs.

Hi all. I currently have a 2004 Trek fuel with V-brakes. I'm finally making the jump to disc brakes (XTR on Mavic SLR's). My question is this. Are the little tabs on the fork considered IS tabs or will I need to buy an adaptor to run XTR calipers? Thanks.

banned
    Easy way to tell:

The IS tabs are 51mm in spacing and the bolt goes across (transverse) the plane of the bike.

Post mounts basically would make the bolt thread "into" the fork, or more particularly here, thread forward and are spaced 74mm apart. If you can get IS calipers to mount to IS tabs, or PM to PM, you'd be good. Unfortunately, I never cared for SIDs, so I can't remember if they changed the mount at that time. If you have IS, adapters for even PM calipers are no problem.

Pictures would always be nice.

banned
    Easy way to tell:

The IS tabs are 51mm in spacing and the bolt goes across (transverse) the plane of the bike.

Post mounts basically would make the bolt thread "into" the fork, or more particularly here, thread forward and are spaced 74mm apart. If you can get IS calipers to mount to IS tabs, or PM to PM, you'd be good. Unfortunately, I never cared for SIDs, so I can't remember if they changed the mount at that time. If you have IS, adapters for even PM calipers are no problem.

Pictures would always be nice.

Dirt Deviant
    I'm pretty sure the sid's use IS mounting. I recently sold one to a buddy. I believe it was a 2002 fork with 2004 lowers, and IIRC it had IS tabs.

But yea, what JC said.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.