Thread: QUAD brakes

mtbr member

QUAD brakes

Hi there all,
    I wonder if anyone here ever heard/used disc brake system called QUAD QHD-1? Is it any good?

Thanks

http://www.quadbrakes.com/QHD1.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am in the process of setting up there disc brake kit for horizontal drop outs. but it uses a mechanical caliper.

Josh

Professional Sociopath
    Got them on the front of my SS, picked them up from my LBS for £10 as they had them lying around without the mounting hardware or disc. They work really similarly to my Hayes HFX and although the lever is a bit slow to return I think it just needs bleeding properly now and they will be running really nicely. I bought them after I read good review of them in one of the UK bike mags that rated them very highly for the quality and performance at such a good price, what you looking to be paying?
    Do people think you are strange??

Do you??

....Then you may be on the right track.
    (Rev. J.R. Bob Dodds)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ok i got a set of there mechanicle BMX disc brake kit. need altering a bit. still not set up properly so i havent ridden them yet.
    Do know much about ProStop 2 disc brakes?
    there is a set on ebay i want to get. unused but he doesnt have the mounting plate. That has the built in cable guide etc.
    Do you know anywhere i could get parts etc for them. Or anyone who has a one that is complete with mounting gear.
    any help would be much appreciated
    Regards Josh