I would have to go with the Tech. There is not that much of a weight difference between the two but the new lever (tech) has recieved amazing reviews with better feel, adjustment, and even better modulation on top of the amazing modulation the minis already had.
1. I like the lever on the Mini. It has the most curve of any axial brake I've ever seen.
2. The Techs seem more verstile.
3. I like the blue color on the Minis, but then again I can tear-down the Techs and home- ano them myself.
4. I don't care about the weight, even though I should considering the bike they may soon be on.
5. Clamp on the Tech is much simpler, although this will be a ground-up build which doesn't pay mind to one-piece clamps.
6. Tech lever is a little flat, but I think I can get over it.