mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Pro stop disk brakes needed

MTBR Community-

I have a 1998 Mountain Cycle Shockwave that was my late brothers from his racing days. About 2 years ago, the rear brake went out and being that these brakes are no longer manufactured, coming by replacement parts, whole sets, anything at all, is difficult.

If anyone has a single brake, or a set, of pro stop FH disk brakes that they are willing to sell, please let me know. I am doing my best to try and keep this bike as original as possible.

Thanks in advance and safe riding.

Josh (Jakes Family)

What could go wrong ...
    Hi Josh I think I can help you with that. I know a guy that has a Suspenders fork with the caliper on it. I talked to him last night and sent him a link to this posting and he said he will get in touch with you about it. Hope this helps.
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Suspenders Fork and Pro Stop Disk Brake

Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2 View Post
    Hi Josh I think I can help you with that. I know a guy that has a Suspenders fork with the caliper on it. I talked to him last night and sent him a link to this posting and he said he will get in touch with you about it. Hope this helps.
    Zoke2 - thank you for the reply. You are actually giving me a head start on my second Jake bike rebuild.

The first photo of Jake with the Shockwave bike is the rear brake I am looking to replace. It is a hydraulic disk brake used in the late 90's and early 2000s. These brakes are not the current IS setup that all bike companies use today, the mounting bolts are different and thus my need for the replacement.

The second photo is of the bike I am going to try to rebuild that my brother raced as an up and coming expert racer. It was a 1990 Trimble with the suspenders fork. So I would very much like to speak with your friend about that fork.

thanks for the heads up Zoke2 - much appreciated.

Josh

jwlinn@gmail.com
    jakewatson.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro stop disk brakes needed-1998-jake-mammoth.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images