human dehumidifier

Post mount frame

I'd like to put a 185 mm rotor on the rear of a bike with post mount. All the post mount adapters I see on Avid's site are tagged as fork post mount. I know there's a difference between front and rear adapters for IS mounts, is the post mount adapter the same for front and rear?

Also, do the adapters come with longer bolts?
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Post adapters are the same to change rotor sizes because frames with rear post mounts have the set for 160mm rotors, same place that forks have them set. Of course this also means you cannot use a 140mm rotor on such a frame.

IS Mounts however for some reason, manufacturers insisted on putting them closer to the axle with frames than on forks, hence the reason for different adapters or different sized (20 to 25mm smaller) rotors if using the same adapters/calipers.

human dehumidifier
    Great, thanks
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone