ICPAYDIRT

Please Help! Formula hyperexteded lever pulled out push rod

I'm on vacation up in Sacramento where I had a bit of a wipe out that left my Formula brake lever hyperexteded to the point where the push rod was pulled out of the master cylinder. It looks like something that can be fixed but I haven't tackled this one before. Can you just push the rod back in or is there more to it than that? Please let me know if you know the answer. I'm hoping to get more riding in while I'm up here. Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    just push it back in. the little ball on the end of the rod just clicks into the MC. you may need to dial in the reach a bit to get it at the right angle to go in though.

ICPAYDIRT
    Thanks BryGuy, I did what you said, unscrewed the lever adjuster and popped it back in. I spoke to Formula and they said that there is an internal piece that you have to be careful that the push rod aligns properly or you could compromise the entire master cylinder. It looks like I've avoided that problem and everything seems to be okay. It was a bit difficult screwing the adjustment screw back once I had popped the lever back in, the angles and available space to fit the allen head in are what made it challenging. I thought I would have to sacrafice an allen by cutting it shorter to get it into the space where the screw was but I found a short headed allen that did the trick. Thanks again for the help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    A friend and I will be riding the Granite Bay loop out at Folsom Lake today @ 3:00. We're starting a Cavitt Middle School off of Auburn Folsom Road. We'll be in a white Ford ranger. Look us up if you want to ride.