mtbr member
    May 2008

Play in Brake Lever

I have some Avid Juicy 7's and the right brake lever has a fair amount of play up and down. I don't really notice while on the trails but it seems pretty loose. Is there anyway to tighten it up?

LightJunction.com
    You can try putting some nylon washers in between the lever blade and the brake lever body. There have been a few similar posts about this issue in this forum, one of which had a picture someone had drawn in order to explain how to do the repair. I did a quick search but couldn't locate it. It was ~3-5 weeks ago.

To answer your question more directly, the only way to adjust it without making the modification I listed above is to make sure the bolt securing the lever blade is tight. Most brake levers have some play...some more than others, and over time they tend to develop more play as things wear out/get bent.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the info. I'll probably just let it be for now but if it gets worse I'll try the nylon washers.

LightJunction.com
    Yeah, the nylon washers are an easy fix. Doesn't even require bleeding or anything.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

Gumnut Peddler
    Sorry to resurrect this thread. I have the exact same issue and cannot locate this thread about the nylon washer.

If anyone could post the link, or some info on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.