• Formula Oro Puro, the proven choice for liteness and power

21 67.74%
  • Hope Mini Mono Pro, the sub 300 gram challenger

8 25.81%
  • Wait, have you tried this?

2 6.45%
    inner peace to make peace

New question here. Oro Puro vs. Mini Mono Pro

new Hope Mini Mono Pro - anyone buy this already? how is it?
    Is this Pro really under 300 grams? Wow, if it's true.
    I'm planning on buying a Formula Oro Puro, that can accomodate 8" rotor, for the front and a Hope mini Mono Pro, 6", on the rear; however, if the Mini Mono Pro's modulating and stopping power's reputation gets as good as that of the Puro's than I may go all Pro. Once concern I have is that the original Mini Mono, while having great modulation, did not have enough stopping power with 6" rotor (hence, I got the Hope M4 8"...works great)
    If you think there're brakes out there that are lighter, better modulating, and stronger then the Puros or Pros, then let us know.
    Last edited by TrailNut; 07-22-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

bike weenie
    I didn't find the Puros to be any more powerful, and didn't care for the lever feel as much as Hopes.

The Hope mini pros are not even close to under 300. More like 340-350 - with adapter, bolts, etc.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Mini Pros are 299 without the IS-PM adapter.

mtbr member
    What I like more on the Puros than on Minis is that they have the same or more power with mettalic (sintered) pads but with more control and the Hope have that felling of instante power.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    These are the 2 top brakes in my mind, so you can't go wrong. I really can't pick between these two.

The Puros now ship with organic pads due to so much squealing with any harder pads. The Hopes are the same way.
    1 plus for the puro is the adjustable pad contact distance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Oro Puro vs. Mini Mono Pro

I hope this might help you a bit but i've had mono minis and mono m4's and juicy 7's and ORO K24's and without a doubt in my mind the 24's were the best easily.You could'nt compare the power of the minis and m4's to the 24's the 24's just blew them both apart the juicy's had really good power but i had a few problems with the dreaded turkey goble and they screemed in the wet like mad.I changed the standard organic pads on the 24's to sintered ones and they were amazing i even changed the levers to the puro levers cos they were thinner and better for one finger breaking.To be honest for the size of the calliper it's really impressive how they can get so much power out of them,they are even smaller than the juicys and the pads are only small aswell.
    So i think the Puros would be a fantastic choice as they are even higher up the ladder than the K24's.

inner peace to make peace
    according to http://www.universalcycles.com/
    Puros are 307 grams
    Pros are 295 grams
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm also trying to decide between these two brakes... and the Marta SL too.

The weights between the Mini Pro and Puro are close enough to pick the one with better performance but why are the Puro post mount? It seems strange to go out of your way to make a lightweight brakeset and then have to use adapters on your frame and most forks. At least the Mini Pro are IS mount now.