Big Paws on a Puppy!!

NOS XT Set-Up Help....

So I've got a set of these that I'm thinking about using on a 650B hardtail I'm putting together. Does anyone know if its possible to assemble the levers with an in-line fitting instead of the banjos? I thought it might be cool to team these up with Jagwire HyFlow hydro hose and I'm thinking an in-line fitting will make for a cleaner housing route on the bike. My alternative is using a set of BB7's. Unfortunately my build budget doesn't allow for much else? Thoughts???

NOS XT Set-Up Help....-photo-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    No, banjo only. The hole where the bolt goes in was not designed for an olive.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Ratman, you'll have to pick up another set of levers if you want in-line routing.

I've got a few sets of these brakes and love 'em, but also have never liked the way brake lines would exit the lever at a 90. If you're willing to spend a little dough, pick up a set of levers like these in the link below and you're in.

SHIMANO DEORE XT Hydraulic brake levers | eBay

I've even gone as far as add Straitline levers to a couple of sets, and man are they sweet!

It seems four piston brakes are making a comeback. The SLX versions have been well received and recently I've even seen Avid has a prototype they're testing. Those classic XT's won't be as easy to set up, have a variety of shims handy, but once dialed they're super. Great modulation, plenty of power, and quiet.
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name