newbie boobie.

Nokon installation help...

Installing Nokon brake cables and am a little confused... no instructions...

it's probably easier than I think, I tend to make things harder than they are supposed to be.

Here's what I think I should do:

Rear Brake -
    Cut the liners to fit. Have the two liners meet at the first cable stop on the top tube. Run the beads on the liner from the lever to the first stop, and then from the second stop to the brake istelf. But...

Is that right? Anyone have a step by step instruction thingy? Maybe with pics?

thanks in advance.

I only need help with the rear...
    It ain't easy being human.

uofabill
    Aug 2003

I thought,

the liner was a continuous piece from the lever, through both stops and all the way to the noodle on the rear brake. Like Avid Flak Jackets or GoreTex cables. A completely sealed system. Then the beads slip over the liner from the lever to the first stop and after the second stop to the noodle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uofabill
    the liner was a continuous piece from the lever, through both stops and all the way to the noodle on the rear brake. Like Avid Flak Jackets or GoreTex cables. A completely sealed system. Then the beads slip over the liner from the lever to the first stop and after the second stop to the noodle.
    Almost... there are two pieces, but they meet somewhere in the middle of the run and have a small clear tube that joins them. The idea is that you can slip this tube out of the way and lube the cable, should the need arise.

Donkekus, other than where you have the liner stop/start again you are correct. It takes a bit of time, be sure to give yourself enough.

This .pdf should take care of you... http://www.nokon.com/images/brkmbinst.pdf

Hope this helps. -James

uofabill
    Aug 2003

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by James@GearReview
    Almost... there are two pieces, but they meet somewhere in the middle of the run and have a small clear tube that joins them. The idea is that you can slip this tube out of the way and lube the cable, should the need arise.

Donkekus, other than where you have the liner stop/start again you are correct. It takes a bit of time, be sure to give yourself enough.

Hope this helps. -James

Thanks!

newbie boobie.
    Quote Originally Posted by James@GearReview

Hope this helps. -James
    AH! It is sure annoying... Almost got it. However, it seems so loose.... ARGH.
    How much would it cost at a bike shop to adjust brakes? ......
    It ain't easy being human.

thats my red stapler
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    AH! It is sure annoying... Almost got it. However, it seems so loose.... ARGH.
    How much would it cost at a bike shop to adjust brakes? ......
    if youve gotten this far...take the time to get it right yourself
    the reward will be worth it

....youre 90% of the way there
    [SIZE=2]when the going gets tough the world gets reduced to one pedal stroke at a time[/SIZE]