mtbr member

Newbie with Elixir R's

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could help a newbie regarding brakes. I have avid elixir r brakes, swapped them with my friend for my juicy ultimate. Now I noticed after a week of having the elixir's on that the rear brakes feels "squishy", I dont get the power that I used to get from the juicy, the modulation sucks, and I have to press really hard on the levers to the point that it hits my fingers when I squeeze to get any braking power. I have tried to download the elixir manual online but the link is busted. Hoping someone can help me out.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Sounds like u got air in the system, try a bleed and if it works good then reverts back to the current problem u have a leak some were(either in the seals or hose fittings)

mtbr member
    The first thing that came to mind is something greasy on the rotor and pad (like grease) I just cleaned and degreased my brakes and installed new pads because I must have bumped the rotor with something greasy during the last tune up.

either that or its time for new pads or a bleed

This link works for me
    http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/avid/...sh%20final.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by aquaboy
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could help a newbie regarding brakes. I have avid elixir r brakes, swapped them with my friend for my juicy ultimate. Now I noticed after a week of having the elixir's on that the rear brakes feels "squishy", I dont get the power that I used to get from the juicy, the modulation sucks, and I have to press really hard on the levers to the point that it hits my fingers when I squeeze to get any braking power. I have tried to download the elixir manual online but the link is busted. Hoping someone can help me out.

Cheers