mtbr member
    Mar 2009

newbee question about elixir cr

my rear brake is engaged without pulling the breke lever. how to adjust or disengage? pls help. this is my first post.

TNC
    noMAD man
    We probably need a little more info. Did you install this set or is it OEM on a whole bike? Is there a chance you squeezed the lever during installation without the puck installed or with the wheel removed? Was this brake brand new or have you been riding it for awhile? There are many possibilities here, and some more details would help instead of us just randomly making suggestions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    It's a stumpy comp by 09 that I just received in the mail today. No I haven't riden it. The wheel was removed during transport. Got it on eBay. Barely used. Brake was an upgrade. I'm able to turn the wheel but I can feel it engaged. It feels rubbing. Plus lever feels tough compared to the other lever which is smooth. Btw rear is the one affected.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Have you tried pushing the pads back to their fully retracted position to see if they'll stay there? Is the run of brake hose from the lever to the rear caliper totally intact and not pinched shut?...perhaps during shipping. How is the pad engagement adjuster set? I have R models and haven't seen the CR's adjustment, but I'd guess it to be like the Juicy's. Was there a brake puck jammed into the rear caliper during shipping or was it open?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for ur suggestions. Just left for work I'll try to do it when I get home. If I can't fix it I'll take it to the nearest lbs on Monday.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Quote Originally Posted by kalak
    Thanks for ur suggestions. Just left for work I'll try to do it when I get home. If I can't fix it I'll take it to the nearest lbs on Monday.
    Either way, let us know what you find.