mtbr member
    Aug 2008

New set of pads time

Got a set of 203mm (F&R) Hope's M4, and the pads from new (2yrs now) are due for replacement.. what would the original pads have been - organic or sintered and also for me - 200ibs when kitted up, ride A-B all weather on the roads but off road, ride, sandy, rocky sometimes wet downhilly stuff, should I consider upgrading, and if yes, what to.. also do changing rotors (that fit) to different brands offer any real advantages or should you just stick to what they came with.. cheers..

official eMpTyBRain
    It sounds like you had good service out of your pads considering that they lasted 2 years. I would find out what is on there now and replace them with the same pads. Perhaps you can remove the pads and there could be a code or model # on the pads?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ok, will do.. 2yrs seems good to me especially as I do a lot of mileage but they only really get used for stopping when I coming down crazy descents, rest of time the slowing down bit doesn't work them..

I asked about upgrade as recently some of those crazy descents have seen speeds in excess of 40mph and I got scared sh*tless recently when cars coming up the hill were just raging a path in my direction..