Thread: New Rotors?

Short-Change-Hero

New Rotors?

So with the wheelset I am getting I will be getting M629 centerlock hubs which means I will need centerlock rotors. The rotors I have are used and standard 6-bolt and the adapters will cost me about $20 each for a good ones.

Anyways,
    Are these any good? Will be going with BB7s and yes I know I will have to bend out the tabs.
    Shimano Sm-Rt62 for $19.95/ea
    Shimano Xt Sm-Rt77 for $29.95/ea
    Is there really that much of a difference for the extra $10 between the non-XT and XT?

Dozer
    I don't have an exact comparison, but I did upgrade from RT-54 OEM stuff to the RT-64 SLX series. It was a night and day difference in my experience. The stopping power was better, but most noticeable was the quieter operation. I have just purchased a 6-bolt wheelset, so I got some RT-76s on order. I'll have to let you know the difference between 64s and 76s.

Short-Change-Hero
    Thanks, that would help. The rotors that came with my used BB7s were mix and match (one G2 Avid other was a Hayes unknown model). The tabs on the pads were already bent so I figured he was using them with Shimano rotors anyways. Really just wondering if the extra $10 per is worth it? Would save me a lot of headache too trying to source good, cheap 6-bolt to centerlock adapters and then have to buy new rotors on top of it (eventually).

mtbr member
    I have the first link to the rotors as they came stock on my bike. I took them off when i upgraded to bb7s so i cant say much about the proformance, but i did find they did well in the wet conditions.
    "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    — Steve Martin

Short-Change-Hero
    Well guess it doesnt really matter.... Ended up just winning a pair of RT62s off ebay (new) for $25 with shipping! Got to love Rocky Mountain Cyclery open bid days!

Members who have read this thread: 0