Trail Tire TV on blogger

New pads for BB7's

OK, my friggin rear shock blow up, literally.. blow oil everywhere and I mean everywhere!! ...
    anyway, I cleaned everything and the oil did get on the brakes and pads. I cleaned them with just Alcohol and believe it or not they are working just fine, but, they are 1/2 worn anyway so this is my excuse to get new pads

so.. what is everyone using?
    I've try a bunch...
    Avid Sinister (stock) hated, loud, odd vibration/pulse on front,
    Jagwire Organic - Liked the best, can't seem to find anymore, don't last long though
    Disco Brakes, organic - used many times over the past few yrs, OK, pads stop nice but they shape the pad kinda funny and have had multiple issues with the way the pad material is shaped and the springs sitting correct, more than once the spring has ended up moving/slipping and hitting the rotor
    Serfas Ok cheapy pads, noting bad, but nothing good to say

one's I've been thinking of getting.. Swiss Stop, kinda pricy - Promax, super cheapo but actually heard good things..

anyone got any good pads? I prefer organic's over Sinister/metals, just quieter and I'm not doing any crazy downhill or anything sooo..

Also read some people are using one organic and one sin pad? does it really do anything? outboard Sin or Org? does it matter which is where?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    nobody?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    I just put EBC Gold pads on my BB7's they are sintered and obviously not what you are looking for. I've heard good things about their organic (Green) pads, but I've never used them.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro S View Post
    I just put EBC Gold pads on my BB7's they are sintered and obviously not what you are looking for. I've heard good things about their organic (Green) pads, but I've never used them.
    ya.. I had forgotten all about them.. lot's of my old ride bud's out on long island use those.. actually thinking of going sinister on the rear and/or doing the one of each on the front as the organics wear out really fast on the moving(outboard) side...

i use my rear brake more than the front as I use it to "control speed" not for stopping so I kinda drag it alot without locking up. wears the crap out of them reason for thinking of kicking back to the metal based pads....

decisions decisions...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro S View Post
    if their bike pads are anything like their car pads I'd steer well clear lol

mtbr member
    And that would be the first negative comment I've read about EBC pads...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    SwissStop, Awesome stopping power, quiet, Highly recommend.