mtbr member
    Aug 2007

New Hopes Anyone?

Has anyone yet got the new Hope Tech Brakes, more specifically the M4's, I'm interested in a set but awaiting feedback/ reviews.

mtbr member
    their not out yet, even in the UK chain reactions hasn't offered them yet

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    George, I'm sure I'd read a post where someone had said that they had a set but had not yet fitted them. I did also read aout the German multi brake test, in which it seemed the Hope x2 did not fare too well, but i'm reserving judgement as things do get lost in translation and i'm also interested in the M4's.

...idios...
    The new range brakes aren't out yet for general sale. There are a few sets floating around, but they aren't expected in the stores until late-November, or even into December.

This is not necessarily in defense of the X2 as I haven't used one, but the German brake test article demonstrated nothing other than how clueless the testers were, and that applies to all of the brakesets they tested.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    hey

well ive tested some x2 and new m4, was pretty good at the time had them on a training thing from work! real good modulation and feel from lever but to be honest im running the current M4 and mini 185 front and 140 rear they run near enough exactly the same! x2 is nothing to write home about and the m4 is the same just the level feel and adjustment has improved a tad. took them on an xc ride around epsom area in surrey was really nice handled well no fade or nothing but a few guys and me reckon one light crash may wipe them out well the blades any way and to me they are really bulky not a huge fan but defo worth the money braided any way.

hope this helps guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Doesn't sound promising - I was hoping for good news on the X2.

FWIW, Chainreactioncycles told me they expect to receive them 11/28, and for sale the week after.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]A few of them went out to Hope dealers in the UK last week along with their new wheel QR’s, it’s up to you to find one of the rare shops with them in stock, I know my LBS has the X2‘s...
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Terrys Cycles in Yate have some, and Hope have them fully available to any shop that can be botherred to order them for you.