mtbr member
    Sep 2009

New Drake...now got a shudder under braking

Took my first ride out on the new drake(Also new cane creek ZS headset) and I have a nasty shudder under moderate to hard front braking. To the point where it will make the bike very unstable. Checked headset and crown seat and both were fine, checked the pads and rotors both were adjusted correctly and no warping/ contamination issues. Only thing I can see is that when its on the stand and I grab the lowers they wiggle a little forward and backward. Only occurs under heavy front braking and I haven't noticed any other issues with the fork.

manitou drake 2010
    BB7s
    Jamis Parker I
    New Cane Creek Zero Stack HS
    08 Bar 2.1 FS
    09 Rockhopper frame 17" FS

http://theboyaintright.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That blows, but it wouldn't be the first time someone received a defective item. My drake doesn't wiggle any - very stiff. Time to start the rma process?

Don't know where you got it or the price. A google shopping search shows that the 2011 minute expert is cheaper at a couple retailers than the drake at other places. Supposedly, it's the same design.
    Last edited by rlouder; 03-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    If you bought it new its time to call up Manitou and get a new fork under warranty. (you have bad bushings)