mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New disc brakes, opinions?

Looking for new hydros, riding a 4" haro XLS, Im a light rider.
    Im consdering the avid juicys, but I havent heard a whole lot of great things from them. My choices are basically the Hayes HFX carbons, magura martas, and the juicys. The martas are considerably more expensive, but if they're as good as they say, I wont mind spending the extra cash. Thanks in advance

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Domdil
    Im consdering the avid juicys, but I havent heard a whole lot of great things from them. My choices are basically the Hayes HFX carbons, magura martas, and the juicys. The martas are considerably more expensive, but if they're as good as they say, I wont mind spending the extra cash. Thanks in advance
    Why not throw Formulas in there too?
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Domdil
    Personally, after hearing and seeing so many issues with Avid Juicys (yeah...I know, no brake is perfect but this is my experience) I would definitely not go that route. I have had XTRs and while there power and modulation was very nice, they were so finicky, even after warranty replacements front and rear. Hayes are very good and when I had them, they were reliable and average power/modulation. I now have Magura on both of my bikes and while I am only a sample size of 1, based on my experience, I am a HUGE magura fan now. Magura Martas are probably the ticket....I have the SLs but frankly, not worth the extra....I just wanted the bling factor Check with larry at mtnhighcyclery or charles at hammerheadbikes for the best prices.

cheers