President of the Internet

New BB7 Pads Too Tight! WTF?

I swapped out my rotors to the new HS1's to save a few ounces. I thought I'd replace the pads while I was at it. I struggled to get the new organic pads in and once they were in they were way to tight.

There is very little clearance with the pads backed out all the way. So little that the pads rub on both sides.

Yes, i recentered the caliper. Yes, i'm sure the knobs were totally backed out. I even pulled off the red knob to pull the piston way out. What's the deal? Anyone know?
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

http://fairoaksandcarmichaelhomes.com

King of Middle Earth
    Can you create a little more of a gap to work with by loosening the cable a tiny bit where it's clamped down on the caliper?

President of the Internet
    i had did not have the cable clamped...
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

http://fairoaksandcarmichaelhomes.com

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    I swapped out my rotors to the new HS1's to save a few ounces. I thought I'd replace the pads while I was at it. I struggled to get the new organic pads in and once they were in they were way to tight.

There is very little clearance with the pads backed out all the way. So little that the pads rub on both sides.

Yes, i recentered the caliper. Yes, i'm sure the knobs were totally backed out. I even pulled off the red knob to pull the piston way out. What's the deal? Anyone know?
    Pulling the red knob does nothing to move the pressure foot out.

Sometimes you need to manually press the outer foot in. You should be able to have the pad backing plates in full contact with the caliper body.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common