mtbr member

New Avid Elixir CR's

Anyone running the new Elixir's on their 29er out there? How do you like them? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Live, Freeze, and Ride
    I've ridden a Soma Groove (26 hardtail,) that was built up for a show, that had them. They're not even broken in yet but they are very nice. I run BB7 mechs and have never switched, but I might now. The seeming lack of a reservoir is a nice design feature, means less fluid and material giving a very sleek design and excellent performance. Not a lot of time on them, but I've ridden lots of others, and unless you are going for super high end with multiple calipers and floating discs (if it even exists? thinkin motorcycle I guess), then they perform as well and look cooler (always important ). Give 'em a try and sell them if you don't like 'em.
    My $0.04, inflation and all.
    Inbred 29er Dinglespeed
    Rush Hour SS
    4One5 SS
    Hard Rock SS/Fixie
    In the woodSS
    I work for a bike parts company

mtbr member
    There is a brake forum Don.
    Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.

mtbr member
    Thanks Soupie!

29er Geek
    Rode them on the GRUITR for a few weeks. loved them. The adjustable pad bit operation is slick.
    unityhandbuilt

DiscoCowboy

like mine

nice step up from my Juicy 7's, and the Juices are nice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Have the Elixir R's on my GF HiFi Pro 29er. Bit lukewarm about them, actually. Disappointing, power-wise. They are supposed to be more powerful than the Juicy's. It may be the bigger wheels and 160 rotors front and back, I don't know (This is my first 29er). I have Formula K24's on my SC Blur LT, with a 180 rotor on the front. They have always been incredibly powerful, with wonderful feel and modulation. The Elixirs don't even come close, in my opinion. The rear rotor also makes a continuous chirping noise which I can't seem to get rid of. Going to try a 185 rotor on the front. Otherwise it's the new Formula R1's

mtbr member
    What did you spend on your Formula's? If you don't mind me asking.

mtbr member
    just threw Elixer CRs on my 6" bike(yeah its 26") and they are sweet. If i build up the 29er ive been thinking about it'll be getting them also.