mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Need verification for hope adapter sizing

Hey all,

I am about to purchase some Hope M4 brakes and plan on using 183mm rotors in the front, and 160 in the rear. My front fork has 74mm postmount (Reba team 29 U-turn). Do I need to use the "H" Adaptor for the front? For the rear, my frame has 51mm IS disc mounts (Canfield Brothers Nimble 9). Do I need to use the "F" Adapter for this? Also, is it correct that the 183mm rotors will work with the M4 up front, and the 160 will work for the rear? I'm a little confused by the change from 180mm to 183mm. I did try contacting hope, but am hoping to be able to order this tomorrow from BTI, so the sooner I can figure out if I'm reading their charts correctly, the better.

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Also, here is a link a hope PDF explaining what each adapter is for ...

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modul...mounts2012.pdf

mtbr member
    Yes to both adaptors, they're the correct ones assuming the post mounts on your forks are configured as standard to 160mm discs.

I've got Hope 183 and 160mm floaters waiting to be bolted onto mine and have read how good they are. The adaptors are also available in either black anodised or plain aluminium.
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for the reply, Major Clanger.

Is there any way to know for sure if my fork is configured for 160mm discs as standard?

I googled it and some random stuff like shopwiki is claiming that the reba 29er are designed to accept 160mm without adapters, so it does at least seem to be the case.

What fork are you using? I've read that the floaters can sometimes contact the front fork a little bit, and the caliper needs to be filed away to help w/ that. Hopefully that won't be the case for me!

mtbr member
    Someone more knowledeable than me will confirm the spec on your forks but it certainly sounds as if they're configured for 160mm; it would be a standard size so seems to make sense. You could always called the tech people at Hope in the morning before you buy but I'm sure you have the cirrect adaptors in mind.

I've got a Fox FIT100 RLC fork but haven't built the bike up yet so still in the box along with all the other bits and pieces. I'll have to run the same adaptors as you but I've bought the X2 system in the Special Evo colours so I hope I don't have to file the finish off mine as well!!

Have fun with it and report back that it's worked........
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.