mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Need to readjust BB5s after reattaching front wheel every time?

So i have an 09 Diamondback Comp with avid BB5s. I adjusted my front brakes as per instructions and made sure that the fixed side was adjusted as close and true as possible to the rotor so that it didn't bend when braking. I was pretty happy with my tune.

Naturally to get my bike around via car i have to take of the front tire. Whenever i reattach my tire i usually get minor brake drag. I was wondering if this is just a fact of life or if you know any tricks to avoid this. I can back off the fixed side but it doesn't seem as aligned as my first tune.

Let me know what you think

~Disc~Golf~
    tighten the QR the same everytime
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    guess i'll start counting my turns...

Live 2 Ride
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197

Any experience with them? Can i get them to go out for enough to clear the retainers on the front fork? Do you think this is def what is causing my alignment woes?

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Kwik nutz work. So would DT's RWS skewer system, which will get your front wheel tighter than any QR.

If you want a fairly simple and consistent method using the QR you already have, tighten it fully finger tight with the QR lever closed, then open the QR lever and turn the nut a pre-determined amount every time. It'll vary from QR to QR, but mine all fall into the 3/4 turn to 1.5 turn range.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    Kwik nutz work. So would DT's RWS skewer system, which will get your front wheel tighter than any QR.

If you want a fairly simple and consistent method using the QR you already have, tighten it fully finger tight with the QR lever closed, then open the QR lever and turn the nut a pre-determined amount every time. It'll vary from QR to QR, but mine all fall into the 3/4 turn to 1.5 turn range.
    Good idea... I dont think im ready to drop the money on the RWS as I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment. I'll give this a shot and then if thats a nogo drop teh 8 bucks for the quick nuts.