Thread: Need more Lever

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Need more Lever

Hello,

Is there any way I can get my lever to not come so close to the grip when braking? I have to use three fingers instead of one because when I apply the the rear brake it comes too close to the grip and my fingers/knuckles are in the way. I like to have a lot of lever to where I can use one finger. My bike has Elixer CR's and I have both adjustments set to give me the most lever possible, but its not nearly enough. Is this an issue that bleeding them would help?

Thank you very much in advance.

ride hard take risks
    Replace the brake fluid and use two .015" feeler gauges to set up the caliper pistons.

Stroker bleeding video
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Move the brake inboard on your bar so that pulling it will not hit your fingers ... there's no reason pulling with one finger should make the lever contact any of your other fingers.

Having said that, you should not have the problem you have, maybe play with the pad adjust thinger (AFAIK, it's the knob that the hose goes into). With my Juicy 7s, the pad adjust works exactly opposite to what it says (turning the knob to "in" doesn't move the pads in, but rather moves the lever in and moves the pads out).

...idios...
    With my Juicy 7s, the pad adjust works exactly opposite to what it says (turning the knob to "in" doesn't move the pads in, but rather moves the lever in and moves the pads out).
    It doesn't do anything to the pads/pistons, rather it alters the mechanical characteristics of the lever.

It sounds a little more like a bleed issue than one of lever adjustment. Does the lever feel firm when the pads engage?

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK
    It doesn't do anything to the pads/pistons, rather it alters the mechanical characteristics of the lever.

It sounds a little more like a bleed issue than one of lever adjustment. Does the lever feel firm when the pads engage?

The lever does feel firm when the pads are engaged.