mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Need help converting my Marta 160mm SL's to 180mm.

I'm having an issue converting my front Marta SL brake rotor from 160 to 180. I'm using a #16adapter and a Marta 180 rotor. The problem I'm having is that when I seat the wheel back in the dropout and close the quick release, the rotor is topping out in the caliper and the wheel doesn't turn. I know the adapter is installed correctly and the rotor the is a180mm...do I possibly have the wrong adapter or is the adapater Front brake/Rear brake specific? Any ideas on what the prob may be?

Also, I have a 2007 Fox TALAS 140 fork.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

ups and downs
    The #16 adapter is specific to the caliper with the short lower leg when used on the front.

The detail from the Magura website is this thread

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by RACERX70
    I'm having an issue converting my front Marta SL brake rotor from 160 to 180. I'm using a #16adapter and a Marta 180 rotor. The problem I'm having is that when I seat the wheel back in the dropout and close the quick release, the rotor is topping out in the caliper and the wheel doesn't turn. I know the adapter is installed correctly and the rotor the is a180mm...do I possibly have the wrong adapter or is the adapater Front brake/Rear brake specific? Any ideas on what the prob may be?

Also, I have a 2007 Fox TALAS 140 fork.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
    I dealt with the same thing using Marta SL on a Pace Fighter fork. The fix is to take a drill and make one bolt hole larger in the #16 and then pull the brake out as you tighten it down. Doesn't sound great, but it works. I've run many hundreds of miles after that fix with no problems. I believe I drilled the lower (non-threaded) hole. I can imagine needed to do both non-threaded holes a little. Maybe you can judge by where it is hitting an where the #16 clamp will swing once you drill.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"