mtbr member
    May 2010

Need help choosing brakes

I am having built a Lynskey Ridgeline HT 29'er. It will be used for singletrack/fireroad - cross country type of riding. If it matters, I am about 210lbs and hard on components. I have no clue about different brake setups and am trying to decide what to get. Hucknroll currently has a good sale going on. Any advice or comments would be appreciated regarding what is a better brake out of Avid Code, Avid Elixir CR mag or Shimano XT. The XTR's are alittle out of my budget. Thanks

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by cibob113
    I am having built a Lynskey Ridgeline HT 29'er. It will be used for singletrack/fireroad - cross country type of riding. If it matters, I am about 210lbs and hard on components. I have no clue about different brake setups and am trying to decide what to get. Hucknroll currently has a good sale going on. Any advice or comments would be appreciated regarding what is a better brake out of Avid Code, Avid Elixir CR mag or Shimano XT. The XTR's are alittle out of my budget. Thanks
    You have Lynskey and XTR is out of your budget?

I'd go with Magura Louise Bat Carbon, or Formula RX, or Shimano XT. 180mm front and 160mm rear. It should be pretty good set up, and won't brake your bank either. Check Price point for the Magura, last I bought it was very reasonable.

Members who have read this thread: 0