mtbr member

Is my brake oil leaking? Unaligned rotor/brake combo?

So about a couple weeks ago, my brake pads were contaminated so I cleaned them up using isopropyl alcohol and it seemed to have gotten rid of my horse-like squeal noise coming from my rear brakes.

Today, I went out to ride and after the end of my ride, I could hear the wretched sound coming again. It's not as severe as the first time, but it wasn't this bad when I cleaned up the pads.

What I'm wondering is: is my brake fluid leaking in the rear cable that's attached to my brakes? (See picture) This picture is after my ride before I cleaned this black stuff off my brakes (after I washed my hands)

Second question: How do I tell if my rotor + brake combo is unaligned? The rotor does not spin wobbly, but I noticed that some of the metal that is close to the rotor has scraped off!

scraped off metal where the letter "W" is:

my alignment on rear rotor + brake (is this because the angle of the photo sucks? the more I look at the rotor from any angle in person, it looks unaligned!):

my front rotor + brake seems aligned. you can see the spacing barely:

Thanks for the help. I've been getting into maintaining my bike to make less frequent visits to the LBS, but if it's something I can't handle, I don't mind taking it to the LBS.

I'm not sure if I want to go ahead and do this (and if it's even necessary at this point), but I was going to loosen my rear brake caliper, turn the wheel, squeeze the brakes, and then tighten the two bolts.
    Last edited by swl7; 10-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm very sorry for the rotations of all these pictures. I didn't even notice until I posted them (some are side-ways, upside down...lol)

edit: and as a note. the brakes do work fine I believe. I'm just worried about any future damage/unreliability